Thursday, May 20, 2010

I believe....

Something I read today has given me much food for thought - and no, it is not about soap....lol.

"I believe an important distinction can be made between religion and spirituality.  Religion I take to be concerned with faith in the claims to salvation of one faith tradition or another.  Spirituality I take to be concerned with qualities of the human spirit, love and compassion, patience, tolerance, forgiveness, contentment, a sense of responsibility, a sense of harmony, that bring happiness both to self and others" ~Dalai Lama

Spirituality is something I have been learning about more and more on my life journey.

On another note, I made a wonderful Goatmilk & Oatmeal Cream yesterday, leaving half the batch unscented for my daughter to use for her contact dermatitis on her hand and scenting the rest with a lovely blend of lavender and rose geranium essential oils.  I have a couple of testers in mind for this lovely cream and if feedback is as good as I hope then this cream will definitely become part of my expanding range of body lotions, butters and creams.

 I also made my very first soy wax tarts today!  I definitely have more to learn about doing this, however I am really very happy with my very first creations.  I will be putting up pics very soon of my new creations *smile* 

 

Take care and have an inspired week.....

 


6 comments:

Clare Marie said...

I can't wait to try this Tanya! *paint me all colours of excited*

And indeed - I am NOT religious, but I AM very VERY Spiritual ;)

Topcat said...

Thanks Clear....I will be sending it some time this week :)

WayneU said...

And under that definition, I believe the world today could sure use more spirituality.

Topcat said...

Amen to that Wayne!

Forget Me Not Soap Shop said...

I believe what Wayne said is so true.

Anonymous said...

Goatmilk & Oatmeal Cream sounds lovely. Good to be introduced to your blog.

Love the quote from the Dalai Lama. So true. I've been having some huge spiritual growth lately; and some amazing experiences with hypnosis. (I'll blog about it before too long).